Potatoes are a popular meal accompaniment all over the world, and they also provide a lot of health advantages. Apart from their flavor and capacity to pair with a variety of foods, they are also beneficial to hair. Potatoes, which are high in iron, potassium, fiber, protein, and vitamins, aid to build hair follicles while also hiding greys organically.
Hair quality is known to be ruined by genetics, an unhealthy lifestyle, poor eating habits, hard water, and exposure to dust, pollution, and chemicals. We’ve all spent tens of thousands of dollars on hair products that hardly worked.
Fortunately, our kitchen is stocked with natural cures that perform wonders and cost next to nothing. Some of these substances are widely available in most household kitchens. It does not only assist your hair stay healthy but also growing longer.
One such item is the simple potato, which is a mainstay in our household. This multipurpose vegetable juice is a strong hair-growth potion that few people are aware of.
How Does It Help?
Potato juice might be a good hair care option. It’s a fantastic method to provide your hair with critical nutrients like Vitamins A, B, and C. A lack of any of these might cause your hair structure to deteriorate. Not only that, but a lack of vitamins can cause it to become dry and fall out more quickly.
Important nutrients such as calcium, manganese, zinc, and iron are also included in the liquid made from potatoes. Both the underlying health and the exterior look of the hair are influenced by these factors.
One approach for the advantages of this vegetable to rub off on you is to include it in your diet on a regular and moderate basis. However, the most efficient technique to treat hair issues is to apply it straight to the hair.
Benefits Of Potatoes For Hair Growth.
Potatoes are abundant in vitamins and minerals and provide a wide range of health advantages. They’re high in vitamins B, A, C, E, K, and beta carotene, as well as minerals including zinc, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, and selenium.
They are a highly effective and helpful substance for treating numerous hair issues and enhancing hair health due to their high nutritional content. Here are some benefits of potatoes that promote hair growth:
Improves Blood Circulation In Scalp.
Vitamin C, zinc, iron, niacin, beta-carotene, and phosphorus are all high in vitamin C. It helps to nourish the scalp, hair cells, and hair follicles and promotes healthy hair development. These minerals also aid in improving blood circulation and hair development by unclogging hair follicles.
One of the cheapest and most natural ways to boost hair growth is to drink potato juice. Using potato juice instead of store-bought hair treatments, which may include chemicals that are detrimental to hair in the long term, is a 100% natural cure that works for the majority of individuals.
Minimize Hair Loss And Breakage.
The high levels of vitamin B, vitamin C, and iron in the hair strands and hair roots assist to strengthen them and prevent hair loss. They also prevent hair breakage by nourishing and repairing damaged hair fibers.
Vitamin B, magnesium, and other nutrients help to cleanse the scalp of debris, oil, and dead cells, resulting in better scalp health. This aids in the treatment of scalp problems such as dandruff and flaky scalp. A healthy scalp encourages hair development that is thick and healthy.
Gives hair a lustrous sheen.
Potatoes have characteristics that help close the cuticles of hair strands, making them glossy and silky.
Moisturizes And Hydrates Hair.
Potatoes include a variety of vitamins and minerals that assist to moisturize and condition the scalp and hair strands, thereby decreasing hair and scalp dryness. It aids in the treatment of dry scalp disorders such as the flaky scalp, itchy scalp, and so on.
Improves Collagen In Hair.
Potato juice has a variety of vital vitamins that help to boost oxygen levels and repair and rebuild collagen. Collagen is a protein present in connective tissues such as the skin. Hair development can then be aided by enhanced collagen.
Prevents Dryness And Dandruff.
Dandruff is caused by dryness in the scalp, which can contribute to hair loss and breakage. Potato juice blended with lemon juice is an effective remedy for dryness that promotes healthy development.
How To Use For Hair Growth?
Potato Hair Mask.
Potatoes may be used for hair and skincare by extracting fresh juice and using it topically. Let’s take a look at how to extract fresh potato juice and what you’ll need.
- One potato should be pureed until it is smooth.
- Squeeze the juice from this pure through a cheesecloth.
- If the puree is too thick, add a little water.
- To promote the growth of thicker, healthier hair, rub the potato juice for better hair into your scalp with a moderate message.
- Then saturate the remainder of your hair with the juice and cover your head with a shower hat.
- Rinse with warm or cold water after 20 to 25 minutes.
This therapy should be used every day until you notice the benefits. You can use it up to three times a week after you observe an improvement. Potato juice should not be preserved since it loses its characteristics when exposed to air.
Potato and Coconut Hair Pack.
Hair fall and other hair problems can be effectively treated with coconut oil. Coconut oil contains vital lipids, fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals that feed the scalp and support healthy hair development. It also prevents hair breakage by sealing moisture in the hair strands. The combination of potato juice and coconut oil is fantastic.
a quarter cup of potato juice.
2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Combine the potato juice and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Apply this to your scalp and massage it gently.
- This combination should also be applied to the hair strands, covering them from root to tip.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Remove with a gentle herbal wash.
Honey and Potatoes Hair Mask.
This potato hair mask is ideal for hair that is dry and frizzy. The honey and egg in the mask are both natural conditioners that hydrate the scalp, while the potato juice encourages healthy hair development.
1 potato, medium
a single egg yolk
honey (one spoonful)
- Blend a medium potato in a mixer and squeeze off the liquid.
- Then, whisk together one egg yolk and one tablespoon honey.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and hair strands, then let it on for 40-45 minutes.
For optimal results, wash with a gentle shampoo and repeat the process once a week.
Aloe Vera And Potatoes Hair Mask.
Antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties are all present in aloe vera. They also discovered that it helped them deal with illnesses like seborrheic dermatitis. It also contains photoprotective characteristics that help to protect the hair from UV radiation.
One large potato’s juice
2 tbsp. aloe vera juice
- Combine the potato juice and aloe vera gel in a blender and blend until smooth.
- This mixture should be massaged into your scalp and worked into your hair.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing with cool/lukewarm water.
Potatoes And Onion Hair Mask.
Onion juice, like potato juice, is a terrific hair growth booster. By combining the two substances, you should be able to make an effective hair growth potion.
1 medium onion
- Remove the skin of a large potato and wash it.
- Chop the potato and onion into small pieces and blend until a nice purée is achieved.
- If the puree is too thick, thin it out with some water.
- Use cheesecloth to press off the potato-onion liquid and collect it in a jar.
- For 5-10 minutes, massage the potato-onion juice into your scalp.
- After you’ve coated your scalp, massage the juice into your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Allow for an additional 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Using cool/lukewarm water, rinse it off.
Potatoes And Yogurt Hair Mask.
This potato and yogurt mask is great for removing excess oil from hair. Yogurt also removes toxins from the hair and hydrates the scalp. As a result, your hair will be gorgeous, problem-free, silky, and long.
1 tbsp. yogurt
- Grate a medium potato and squeeze off the liquid in a basin.
- After that, add one spoonful of yogurt to the juice and stir well.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair, being sure to coat each strand completely, and let it on for at least an hour.
- For optimal results, wash with a gentle shampoo and repeat the process once a week.
Potatoes And Lemon Hair Mask.
Both lemon and potato juice for hair development is effective in terms of improving hair texture and growth. Both substances aid in the natural concealment of grey hair while also imparting a lustrous sheen.
1 potato, medium size
One lemon’s juice
- Squeeze the juice from one medium-sized potato in a bowl by shredding it or mixing it in a mixer.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the juice and thoroughly combine.
- Allow 1-2 hours for the mixture to rest on the scalp and hair strands.
- For optimal results, wash the hair with lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo and repeat the process once a week.
Potatoes, Turmeric, Eggs, And Honey Hair Mask.
Turmeric has antibacterial, antioxidant, and antiseptic characteristics, which aid in cleansing your hair and scalp while also promoting hair development.
Honey is a natural moisturizer that can help your hair stay hydrated and moisturized. Softening the hair also helps to get rid of harsh, dry hair. Eggs are high in protein and other essential elements that promote hair development and reduce hair loss.
Blitz In a blender, puree 2 medium-sized potatoes and strain the liquid into a clean basin. 1 egg, whisked until foamy in a separate bowl. Add the potato juice, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon turmeric to this mixture. To form a smooth paste, thoroughly combine all of the components.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this mixture.
- To avoid dripping, cover your head with a shower hat.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before washing with lukewarm water and your normal shampoo.
- For optimal results, use this mask once a week.